Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Go West

I was expecting more from this Marx brothers farce about the old West. As it is, however, I probably found myself laughing less frequently than in any of their other films with the possible exception of Love Happy. At one point in the film, the brothers high-jack a train and tie up the engineer, and when the the train begins to go out of control, Groucho goes over to the tied up engieer, removes the gag from his mouth, looks into the camera and says, "This is the best gag in the whole picture." He may be right. Unfortunately, not even a decent musical number could rescue this one. However, I will admit that no film with the line, "There's something corrupt going on around my pants, but I just can't seem to locate it," can be all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home